In perfect timing for the Australian/New Zealand Ski season GoPro have announced a brand new GoPro model which is 50% smaller and 40% lighter than their popular selling HERO4 Black and Silver cameras.
In a small cube like design the HERO4 Session essentially packs the GoPro ‘Emmy® Award-winning image quality and performance’ while now in a durable waterproof design without the need of an external case; no more mucking around with those separate plastic housings.
GoPro have managed to completely re-design the camera while keeping it compatible with all your existing GoPro accessories and mounts, it’s also compatible with smart-phones including iPhone & iPad thanks to built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allowing easy wireless transfers of your content.
It’s also easier to operate thanks to a one-button design with a single press turning the camera on and automatically start capturing while a long press will enable time-lapse and pressing the shutter button again will save the video or photo content and power the camera off for you.
In terms of video and photos the GoPro captures video at 1080p60, 720p100 and 1440p30 along with 8-megapixel photos. Not quite doing 4K video however 1080p video is more than fine.
- Stunning 1080p60, 720p100, and 1440p30 video
- Waterproof to 33’ (10m), no separate housing required
- Easy one-button control: short press of shutter powers camera on and begins capturing video, long shutter button press powers camera on and begins capturing time-lapse photos
- Captures 8MP Single, Burst, and Time Lapse photos
- Compatible with GoPro mounts and accessories
- Dual Mic system captures enhanced audio during high wind and water-based activities
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth® enable easy connectivity to GoPro App and Smart Remote
- Auto image rotation corrects image orientation during recording
- Includes standard and low-profile frame mounts for increased mounting versatility
- New Ball Joint Buckle mount is included
GoPro HERO4 Session will go on sale in Australia for A$579.95 from the GoPro Online Store beginning July 12th.