Listing to Music is something we all do just about everyday whether it’s from the home, at work or while travelling. Last month I highlighted a range of high quality speakers which deliver some of the best sound, this time I want to focus on headphones.
There are many headphones out there however the ones listed here have been designed, and proven in reviews to give you a better music experience by delivering high quality sound. Some feature noise cancellation, others are wireless, and some such as the new SINE On-Ear Headphones even deliver sound via the Lighting Port on an iPhone or iPad to bring music with high accuracy.
In no particular order, here are some of the best headphones you can buy:
BeoPlay H8 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
Made from aluminium, and ‘carefully selected leather’ the BeoPlay H8 headphones deliver Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound complete with noise cancellation, and wireless connectivity while remaining light at only 9 ounces/255 grams.
- Lightweight, premium design with aluminium, and leather
- High quality Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound
- Noise cancellation (Can be turned on, and off)
- Wireless connectivity
- Touch interface for controlling volume, changing music tracks, and more.
Audeze SINE On-Ear Headphones
Promising to deliver music with remarkable accuracy the Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphones produces sound by being the first on-ear planar magnetic headphones to offer a fully integrated Lightning cable for your iPhone and iPad.
High quality is sound is delivered via an improved headphone amplifier, and 24-bit DAC inside the Lighting Cable. The drivers are three times larger than similar on-hear headphones, they are also some of the first Lighting-enabled headphones available in the market for the iPhone and iPad.
- Connectivity via the Lightning Port on iPhone and iPad
- Delivering sound with drivers which are three times larger than other similar headphones
- High-resolution 24-bit DAC in the Lightning cable
- Lightning cable with amplifier, DSP and DAC
- Lightweight, made from aluminium
You can learn more or purchase the Audeze SINE On-Ear Headphones with the Lightning Cable from Apple including Apple Australia for A$799.95, Apple New Zealand for NZ$949.95, and Apple US for US$499.95.
Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Technology by Bose in these headphones monitors noise around you and cancels them out, while also featuring Active EQ, and TriPort to deliver music deeper and clearer.
As the name suggests, and based on customer reviews they are one of the most comfortable headphones out there with soft, durable ear cushions.
- Very comfortable with soft ear cushions
- Technology from Bose including Noise Cancellation
- Great design, assailable in multiple colours
- Folding ear cups to make travelling with them easy.
The Bose® QuietComfort® 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones are available from Apple including Apple Australia for A$399.95, Apple New Zealand for NZ$479.95, and Apple US for US$299.95. There is even an exclusive Black and Gold colour available from Apple US.
Beats Solo2 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
Designed to wirelessly pair with your iPhone, iPod, iPad or other Bluetooth device while being finished in the same colours of the iPhone: Silver, Gold, Space Gray, and Rose Gold.
Beats Solo2 headphones bring dynamic, and wide range sound all on a single 12-hour long battery charge.
- Wirelessly pair with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPod (and other Bluetooth devices)
- Dynamic and wide range of sound with a natural clarity
- 12-hour battery life, rechargeable with charge level
- Built-in microphone and on-ear controls for music and calls
- Durable and portable folding design
There are also a few other styles of the Solo2 Wireless Headphones available including the Active Edition.
Master & Dynamic MH30 On-Ear Headphones
Made from premium cowhide, aluminium and stainless steel the MH30 On-Ear Headphones are going to be very durable and comfortable to use. ‘Advanced Sound’ is delivered by 40mm neodymium, high-performance drivers which are custom tuned to bring sound that complements all genres of music.
A lot of attention has gone into the detail of these headphones, there is no paint used with all metals coated by a anodised or PVD (physical vapor deposition) process. The cable supplied is woven with oxygen-free copper to ensure the sound is pure and has reduced noise.
- Superior materials including cowhide, aluminium and stainless steel
- Soft lambskin on headband interior and ear pads
- Advanced sound via 40mm neodymium, high-performance drivers
- Woven oxygen-free copper cable for pure sound and reduced noise
RHA MA750i Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones
Much like the Master & Dynamic MH30 headphones the RHA MA750i feature a 303F grade stainless steel construction, premium oxygen-free copper cable for quality, and performance but rather than being On-Ear these headphones are In-Ear.
They are also highly reviewed positively with a 4.5/5 rating based on 87 customer reviews on Apple Online.
The handmade dynamic 560.1 drivers articulate sound with great depth while also featuring noise-isolating design.
- Handmade 560.1 driver
- Stainless steel design
- Noise-isolating design
- 10 sets of ear tips included